First, 100 things about me! You know ya wanna know!!
1. I'm a cool mom (even if my son thinks I'm a dork - he'll appreciate it someday!)
2. I detest dramatics and whining
3. My family is huge into the dramatics
4. I don't go visit them much
5. My entire family has mental issues
6. They say I am the most stable of all of us
7. I just hide it much better
8. I am full of secrets!
9. I am extremely compassionate
10. I'm a total bleeding heart
11. I give to charities, belong to Amnesty Intl, UFPJ, Genocide Prevention Network, all that stuff
12. I was once kissed on the cheek by a survivor of the Armenian genocide
13. It is a moment I will never forget as long as I live!
14. My father and I do not talk at all
15. He is a narrow-minded, backwoods, bigot
16. I can't believe we share the same genes!
17. My mother is one of my best friends
18. She has schizophrenia, but she takes meds
19. She's coming to live with me soon... help me god!
20. I was an only child until around 11
21. I have 3 half sisters who I don't know
22. They are products of my father and his new wife
23. His new wife looks (and sounds) like a man
24. But she obvioulsy has a vagina, hence the 3 kids
25. I only have one kid
26. He is da' Bomb!!!
27. His dad and I are not together anymore
28. But we are the best of friends
29. I even like his new girlfriend!
30. I like Vodka too
31. Sadly, sometimes it is also my best friend
32. Raspberry Vodka is a person, not a drink
33. He's my fuck buddy
34. I don't want a boyfriend
35. Just a guy to 'have fun' with
36. I'm terrified of commitment!
37. I once was beaten bloody by a man
38. I got arrested too because I had left marks on him!
39. For years after I left him he stalked me
40. He's in prison now for murder
41. I think he may have secretly been a crossdresser
42. But I digress
43. My first boyfriend was a black guy
44. We were together for 3 years
45. We never broke up but my mother moved me out of state to seperate us
46. 23 years later I have found him again
47. He's currently in prison
48. We write all the time and may reunite
49. My best guy friend from high school is dead
50. I just found out two months ago
51. I knew he was dead before I was told, I felt it
52. My best girl friend from high school is a Mormon
53. She is alive and well with a husband and 4 children
54. She does not live in Utah!
55. We still keep in touch
56. My family is Musc0gee
57. We are involved in our culture and traditions
58. I live my culture and traditions every day
59. I'm fairly private about it because there are too many posers out there
60. I hate wannabes and posers who "adopt" our culture and bastardize it
61. I used to dance and sing
62. Now I just hang out at the p0ww0ws and chill
63. There's nothing better than S0fky!
64. I make kick ass S0fky!!
65. Actually, I'm a really good cook
66. I'm not much of a baker though
67. I used to eat lots of junk food
68. After my son was born I gained LOTS of weight
69. Depression added to my lethargy and weight gain
70. I ended up getting gastric bypass surgery
71. I lost 110 pounds!
72. I feel great and love life again
73. I walk or jog almost daily now
74. My butt is saggy and so are my boobs
75. I would love to get surgery to fix those things
76. When I get extra money I will
77. For now, I'm happy being thinner and eating healthier
78. People say I look younger now
79. I think I look older
80. But I still act like I'm 14 years old
81. I'm a goofy kid trapped in a 39 year old (saggy) body
82. Guys still want to hook up with me though
83. It's flattering
84. But I ignore them
85. I've slept with too many men already
86. Murderers, transvestites, musicians, bikers...
87. Yeah, I have a colorful past
88. I have been to a swingers club
89. Didn't do any swinging though
90. I have never done drugs
91. Never even smoked pot
92. My head is messed up enough I don't need drugs
93. I was diagnosed as being dyslexic in kindergarten
94. My brain has learned to un-reverse letters and things are cool now
95. I was an honor roll student all during school
96. To this day, I still want to learn everything!
97. One year in high school I went only by my middle name
98. I had a bad attitude that year
99. Now I have a good attitude and good outlook on things
100. For the most part, I love my life
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focused. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
Calculating the End Date
You can easily find out when your project will end by using this handy tool at Time and Date.
1. Clean up credit report
2. Pay off car
3. Get position �inside� at work
4. Be able to quit 2nd job
5. Have a �real� savings account
6. Pay off $7,000 old credit bill
7. Pay off sons braces
8. Start saving for a house
9. Put coins in wrappers and save
Things to do
Get rid of old car
11. Get myself braces
12. Get thigh/butt lift
13. Find a lover who fits my style
14. Get hip new hairstyle
15. Go on nice vacation with my son
17. Y@rina website redesign
18. Redesign my own website
19. space saved for after I move
20. space saved for after I move
Things to learn
21. Finish Spanish class and actually speak the language
23. More songs and sing them
24. Take class in digital photography
25. How to circumvent my mothers excuses
26. How to create an online store
27. More about Tiananmen Square
28. More about Che Guevara
29. To use chopsticks
Home Sweet Home
30. Find 3br apartment or house for rent
31. Make new place warm and home-y
32. Get mother set up in her own place
33. Clear out storage unit
34. Get rid of all �junk� and unused items
35. Frame and hang family pictures
36. Organize CDs/Movies
37. Empty out truck with old items
38. space saved
39. space saved
40. space saved
Things to buy
41. New bedroom set
42. New kitchen table/chairs
43. Spanish/English dictionary
45. Son�s regalia/roach
46. New regalia for me
47. New boots
48. Tickets to cool show (maybe Stomp!)
49. New scratching post for Checkers
50. New living room set
52. A bicycle
53. Recliner for mom
54. space saved
55. space saved
56. space saved
57. Go to powwow in Canada
58. Travel with friends to Ecuador
59. Visit Niagara Falls
60. See one other National Wonder with son
61. Go to powwow in Hollister
62. space saved
63. space saved
64. Get a pedicure
65. Start running once a week
66. Do a good humanitarian deed
67. Wash face every night before bed
68. Get another tattoo
69. Read A Little Matter of Genocide: Holocaust and Denial in the Americas, 1492 to the Present
70. Read Blackwater: The rise of the worlds most powerful mercenary army.
71. Read The Last Two Years of Allende
72. Get a one hour massage
75. Teach my son more of what I know about our traditions
76. Read up on Buddhism
77. Read more about Creek traditions/religion
78. Talk with Agnes
Renew Amnesty International membership
80. Donate clothes to Goodwill (like always)
81. Attend a support event/gathering
82. Send at least one letter to Senator in support of someone in need
85. Try to shop more organically
86. Make kugel
87. Find recipe and make pizzagain
88. Add more fresh veggies to diet
89. Try a new kind of food� Vietnamese?
90. Find recipe for awesome lentil soup
91. Continue to nourish friendship with my son (now a teen!)
92. Maintain level head with mom once she moves in
93. Be good aunt to new twin babies
94. Don�t nag Roberto so much
95. Start a house tradition of some sort
96. Help my son more with his schoolwork
97. Try to make more female friends
98. Keep in touch more with friends through writing/email
99. Don�t be so bitchy to the weird people at work
100. Spend one evening by myself, which will include a nice hot bath, an alcoholic beverage, music, candles, etc., before my mother moves in.
101. Start dancing again
From date: Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Add 1,001 days
Resulting date: Wednesday, January, 26, 2011